(Loose Skin, Sagging Skin, Wrinkles, Jowls, Stretched Skin)
Loose and sagging skin can be a result of sudden weight loss, post-pregnancy, and is also a part of the normal ageing process. Repeated UV exposure, unhealthy diet and smoking will increase the rate at which skin will loose its elasticity. Gippsland Cosmetic Laser Clinic uses the latest technology available to treat loose and sagging skin. Radio frequency and Infrared work in several ways to lift and tighten skin.
Radio frequency energy painlessly penetrates very deeply into the skin without affecting the epidermis (outer layer). Heat applied to the dermis in this way will trigger 3 benefits:
- Tissue retraction: The heat causes local contraction of the collagen fibres, which immediately tightens the skin to reveal a lifted, tighter and more youthful appearance.
- New collagen formation: Heating the dermis stimulates production of new collagen, which is essential in the battle against signs of ageing. Increased collagen equals plumper, firmer skin with a greater level of elasticity.
- Improved circulation: RF also improves blood and lymphatic flow. This helps induce a better oxygen and nutrient supply and greater toxin clearance to further reduce the signs and effects of ageing.
Infrared laser energy painlessly enters the skin providing the following benefits:
- Collagen contraction: Infrared light is attracted to the water content in the skin. The water content is heated causing the surrounding collagen to contract and tighten.
- Healing: Infrared light triggers the body’s own natural healing process to begin producing new collagen to plump and fill-out the skin.
Radio frequency and infrared treatments are popular on the face and neck area, and can also be used on the inner arm, chest, abdomen and breast area. Clients will notice results immediately following a treatment making it a popular choice before a night out, or special occasion. For longterm results 3 - 4 monthly treatments are recommended with a maintenance session every 3 - 6 months.
Treatments are completely comfortable and there is no recovery period or downtime.